If there is a commitment to sustaining the success of an organisation, implied is the need to ensure that it can outlast its founding leader.
We see succession as an essential part of renewal for any organisation and here we publish our experience of good practice. Successful succession is about much more than capability:
• Is there a succession mindset in the organisation?
• Is thought given in good time so that leadership skills needed can be developed?
• Are positive behaviours taken into account (as well as capabilities)?
• Are the informal roles considered as well as the formal?
• Is the impact of the change properly understood?
Not just the science, but the art of succession.
Read the full article here.Leave a Comment Return to: Our Thinking